Dementia Short Story Book ‘A Trip To The Seaside’ - Easy To Read Stories for Alzheimer’s Patients
This easy to read short story book is designed for adults with Dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. With short chapters and paragraphs, this uplifting story is about a family trip to the beach. Using pleasant and calming descriptions, this story is easy to follow without being condescending or childlike.
There is no mention of Dementia/Alzheimer’s (or anything that could cause distress/embarrassment) in the story text or on the cover of the book.
This lightweight book is perfect if your loved one is feeling overwhelmed by ‘normal’ books, and has lost their confidence with reading. Boost their self-esteem with this feel-good easy read which will allow them to enjoy the pleasure of reading a book again.
This book will allow your loved one to stimulate their cognitive functions as they engage in a simply written story with dignity.
I have deliberately written this story in the first person narrative, so it can be relatable to any gender or age. I have used lots of calming and visual descriptions to evoke pleasant emotions and memories in readers.
- Your book will be posted within 1 working day with next day delivery. Purchase directly from Amazon.co.uk
- Short story of around 4000 words / 61 pages
- Large 18x Arial font to help with seniors who suffer with their eyesight and low vision.
- Well spaced text to prevent confusion or becoming overwhelmed
- The story begins on the very first page, so readers aren’t confused by initial copyright/publishing etc. pages
- 2-3 colour photographs with each chapter to give visual clues without causing distraction.
- Peaceful and pleasant story with no dramatic/confusing plot twists
- Soft, lightweight and comfortable book to hold